intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- hablar entre dientes; (grumble) refunfuñar, rezongar* what are you muttering on about? ¿se puede saber por qué refunfuñas or rezongas?More example sentences
- Still, it was easier to mutter in private and unsettle his wife with threats of going public than actually doing anything.
- By 11, his colleagues had not arrived and several people began muttering over their absence.
- The four friends and the men begin muttering, then asking us loudly why only she got the money, then arguing with her.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [thanks/apology] mascullar, farfullar why don't you shut up? she muttered —¿por qué no te callas de una vez? —dijo entre dientesMore example sentences
- She replied so quietly that he could barely hear her voice muttering her name.
- He was heard muttering in a barely audible voice.
- As he leaves, he mutters something that was barely heard.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mexico's muralist movement flourished between the two World Wars during a time of nationalist fervor. It was led by Diego Rivera, José Clemente Orozco, and David Alfaro Siqueiros. Their work reflected revolutionary themes and working-class struggle. They decorated many public buildings.