- hablar entre dientes; (grumble) refunfuñar, rezongar* what are you muttering on about? ¿se puede saber por qué refunfuñas or rezongas?More example sentences
- Still, it was easier to mutter in private and unsettle his wife with threats of going public than actually doing anything.
- By 11, his colleagues had not arrived and several people began muttering over their absence.
- The four friends and the men begin muttering, then asking us loudly why only she got the money, then arguing with her.
- [thanks/apology] mascullar, farfullar why don't you shut up? she muttered —¿por qué no te callas de una vez? —dijo entre dientesMore example sentences
- She replied so quietly that he could barely hear her voice muttering her name.
- He was heard muttering in a barely audible voice.
- As he leaves, he mutters something that was barely heard.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The RAE (Real Academia de la Lengua Española) is a body established in the eighteenth century to record and preserve the Spanish language. It is made up of académicos, who are normally well-known literary figures and/or academic experts on the Spanish language. The RAE publishes the Diccionario de la Real Academia Española, which is regarded as an authority on correct Spanish. Affiliated academies exist in Latin American countries.