Translation of mutter in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- hablar entre dientes; (grumble) refunfuñar, rezongar* what are you muttering on about? ¿se puede saber por qué refunfuñas or rezongas?Example sentences
- Still, it was easier to mutter in private and unsettle his wife with threats of going public than actually doing anything.
- By 11, his colleagues had not arrived and several people began muttering over their absence.
- The four friends and the men begin muttering, then asking us loudly why only she got the money, then arguing with her.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [thanks/apology] mascullar, farfullar why don't you shut up? she muttered —¿por qué no te callas de una vez? —dijo entre dientesExample sentences
- She replied so quietly that he could barely hear her voice muttering her name.
- He was heard muttering in a barely audible voice.
- As he leaves, he mutters something that was barely heard.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.