Translation of mutual in Spanish:
- 1.1 (reciprocal)(affection/loathing/respect/help)the feeling is mutual
mutuoel sentimiento es mutuo or correspondidoExample sentences1.2 (shared, common) (before noun)
(friend/enemy)by mutual agreement the arrangement will be to our mutual benefit
- ‘We met around town in Detroit and just had a mutual admiration and respect, then just sort of gravitated toward one another,’ says Benson.
- But this has not affected the mutual love and respect he and his children feel for one another.
- Dara seemed to have mutual feelings toward it since she whipped out her newly charged cell phone and began punching in numbers.
comúnel arreglo será beneficioso para ambos/para todoswe have a mutual interest in operacompartimos el mismo interés por la ópera
a ambos/a todos nos interesa la óperaExample sentences1.3 (Finance)mutual benefit society mutual savings bank
caja (feminine) de ahorros mutuosExample sentences
- Men preferred friends with mutual acquaintances and common interests, while women valued laughter, honesty and trust.
- But we had mutual friends in common, and the most significant one was this chap, James Coldhurst.
- He waived the hourly fee after discovering a mutual common interest in the gym.
- Deep in Glasgow's business district, nearly all the grand former building societies, mutual associations and insurance offices have been transformed into eateries and drinkeries.
- Furthermore, several building societies and mutual life assurance companies have converted to listed companies over the past fifteen years, providing windfall shares to their members.
- In previous years, building societies and mutual companies (those without shareholders) usually dominated these annual surveys of the cheapest lenders.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.