Translation of mystery in Spanish:
noun plural -ries
- 1 1.1 countable (puzzle) Mary's a real mysteryit's a mystery to me how she puts up with himMary es un auténtico misteriopara mí es un misterio cómo logra aguantarloExample sentences1.2 uncountable (quality) the whole affair is shrouded o veiled in mystery
(before noun) mystery guest mystery storytodo el asunto está rodeado de misterio or envuelto en un halo de misteriomystery tripcuento (masculine) de misterioviaje (masculine) sorpresa
- Contrary to public perceptions, science can help understand and explain the mysteries of emotion.
- However all was explained and the mystery was solved very quickly.
- The technique of the mystery is thus explained, but the mystery remains.
- 2 countable (Cinema, Literat, Theater)película (feminine) ( or novela (feminine) etc) de misterio or de suspenso or (Spain) de suspenseExample sentences
- Thrillers, mysteries and crime novels are perennial favorites for summertime reading.
- Further compounding the peril is the fact that this is basically a murder mystery, a whodunit with slasher overtones.
- The story is a fairly set piece murder mystery, or murder thriller.
- 3 countable (Religion)Example sentences
- His Protrepticus is a copious source of information about the Greek mysteries, though his wish to represent them as a perversion of Scriptural teachings must have led to misrepresentation.
- With folded hands, Ashoka begged enlightenment and initiation into the mysteries of the Dharma of Samudra.
- The two strangers are not serious; there are jests at the mysteries which precede the enthronement, and he is being initiated into the mysteries of the sophistical ritual.
- Trinity Sunday celebrates the belief in the incomprehensible mystery of God, not only as Spirit, but also as God creator and God incarnate.
- For a Christian, the answer is in the incarnation: because the divine mystery is made flesh.
- In him, we can see the ultimate mystery of God in human form.
- Walking through the Stations of the Cross or praying the rosary is another way to contemplate the mysteries of Jesus.
- In that letter, he added five new mysteries to the rosary, and declared that his twenty-fifth anniversary year would be known as the Year of the Rosary.
- Does he promulgate new mysteries for the Rosary?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.