Translation of mystery in Spanish:
noun plural mysteries
- 1 1.1 countable (puzzle) Mary's a real mysteryMary es un auténtico misterioit's a mystery to me how she puts up with himpara mí es un misterio cómo logra aguantarloExample sentences1.2 uncountable (quality) the whole affair is shrouded or veiled in mystery
todo el asunto está rodeado de misterio or envuelto en un halo de misterio(before noun) mystery guestinvitado (-da) (masculine, feminine) sorpresamystery storycuento (masculine) de misteriomystery tripviaje (masculine) sorpresaExample sentences
- Contrary to public perceptions, science can help understand and explain the mysteries of emotion.
- However all was explained and the mystery was solved very quickly.
- The technique of the mystery is thus explained, but the mystery remains.
- The Valley was wedged in-between the two countries, being obscured in mystery and darkness and confusion.
- Ambassadors used to have a scent of mystery, secrecy and even of romance about them.
- In the days when he worked for the CIA, the agency was shrouded in secrecy and cloaked in mystery.
- 2 countable (Cinema, Literature, Theatre)película (feminine) ( or novela (feminine) etc. ) de misterio or de suspensoExample sentences
- Thrillers, mysteries and crime novels are perennial favorites for summertime reading.
- Further compounding the peril is the fact that this is basically a murder mystery, a whodunit with slasher overtones.
- The story is a fairly set piece murder mystery, or murder thriller.
- 3 countable (Religion)Example sentences
- His Protrepticus is a copious source of information about the Greek mysteries, though his wish to represent them as a perversion of Scriptural teachings must have led to misrepresentation.
- With folded hands, Ashoka begged enlightenment and initiation into the mysteries of the Dharma of Samudra.
- The two strangers are not serious; there are jests at the mysteries which precede the enthronement, and he is being initiated into the mysteries of the sophistical ritual.
- Trinity Sunday celebrates the belief in the incomprehensible mystery of God, not only as Spirit, but also as God creator and God incarnate.
- For a Christian, the answer is in the incarnation: because the divine mystery is made flesh.
- In him, we can see the ultimate mystery of God in human form.
- Walking through the Stations of the Cross or praying the rosary is another way to contemplate the mysteries of Jesus.
- In that letter, he added five new mysteries to the rosary, and declared that his twenty-fifth anniversary year would be known as the Year of the Rosary.
- Does he promulgate new mysteries for the Rosary?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.