Translation of naked in Spanish:
- 1.1 (unclothed) desnudo naked to the waist desnudo hasta la cintura we cannot face our enemies naked no podemos enfrentarnos al enemigo a cuerpo descubiertoExample sentences1.2 [sword/blade] desenvainado; [branch] desnudo, pelado; [landscape] sin árboles do not use near a naked flame no acercar a la llama invisible to the naked eye invisible a simple vista
- I don't agree with sleaze and naked women flaunting their bodies but if it is what they want to do or what they choose to do then that is their choice, not the government's, theirs.
- A naked woman's body lay in the middle of the floor.
- The clothes keep coming off until they are completely naked.
Example sentences1.3 (stark, plain) [racism/aggression] manifiesto; [ambition/reality] puro the naked truth la verdad desnuda or descarnada
- ‘It wasn't always like this,’ he said, slumping down in one of the chintzless armchairs underneath a single naked light bulb.
- Backstage, the children sit in front of naked light bulbs hanging from the ceiling, wiping away the make-up they carefully applied before the performance.
- Lighting was provided by naked bulbs hanging from wires strung up on the cave walls, and fresh air by ventilation shafts unseen.
- This bit really does look like a forest; it is filled with oak trees whose naked branches seem to scrape the gray sky.
- The bent branches of naked trees hung dangerously close to the small lake.
- Hatchlings are almost naked, their eyes are closed, and they are helpless, but they develop rapidly.
- In truth, naked aggression does not suit him.
- The farmers showed naked ambition when they opened up luxury holiday cottages for sun-seekers who like shedding their clothes.
- I love the naked confidence and wanting of it, the simple pop perfection.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.