intransitive verb -pp-
- (short sleep)sueñecito (masculine) [colloquial]
sueñito (masculine) (especially Latin America) [colloquial](esp in the afternoon) siesta (feminine)to have o take a napecharse un sueñecito ( or una siesta etc)Example sentences
- And then we all had a nice long afternoon nap.
- He took a short nap in the afternoon and that was all.
- I'll just take a nice long nap and you can wake me up in 2 hours.
- (on fabric) with the napen la dirección del peloagainst the napa contrapeloExample sentences
- Flannelette is a soft cotton fabric with a nap on one side.
- Stitch all seams in the direction of the nap with right sides together.
- Flannel wool is a soft, lightweight fabric with a nap on one or both sides.
transitive verb -pp-
- (British English) (Sport) (in horse racing)pronosticar como ganadorExample sentences
- Motivator was napped by three of our pundits when a panel of experts were asked for their Derby 1-2 - 3s.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.