intransitive verb -pp-
- (short sleep)sueñecito (masculine) [colloquial]sueñito (masculine) (especially Latin America) [colloquial](esp in the afternoon)to have o take a napecharse un sueñecito ( or una siesta etc)Example sentences
- And then we all had a nice long afternoon nap.
- He took a short nap in the afternoon and that was all.
- I'll just take a nice long nap and you can wake me up in 2 hours.
- (on fabric) with the napagainst the napen la dirección del peloa contrapeloExample sentences
- Flannelette is a soft cotton fabric with a nap on one side.
- Stitch all seams in the direction of the nap with right sides together.
- Flannel wool is a soft, lightweight fabric with a nap on one or both sides.
transitive verb -pp-
- (British English) (Sport) (in horse racing)pronosticar como ganadorExample sentences
- Motivator was napped by three of our pundits when a panel of experts were asked for their Derby 1-2 - 3s.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the