- 1 (sleep) sueñecito (masculine) [colloquial/familiar], sueñito (masculine) (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina) [colloquial/familiar]; (esp in the afternoon) siesta (feminine) to have o take a nap echarse un sueñecito ( or una siesta etc)More example sentences
- And then we all had a nice long afternoon nap.
- He took a short nap in the afternoon and that was all.
- I'll just take a nice long nap and you can wake me up in 2 hours.
- 2 [Textiles] pelo (masculine) with the nap en la dirección del pelo against the nap a contrapeloMore example sentences
- Flannelette is a soft cotton fabric with a nap on one side.
- Stitch all seams in the direction of the nap with right sides together.
- Flannel wool is a soft, lightweight fabric with a nap on one or both sides.
- 3 (in horse racing) (British English/inglés británico) [Sport/Deporte] pronóstico (masculine)
- (British English/inglés británico) [Sport/Deporte] pronosticar* como ganadorMore example sentences
- Motivator was napped by three of our pundits when a panel of experts were asked for their Derby 1-2 - 3s.