Translation of narrowly in Spanish:
- 1 (by small margin)por poco
por un escaso margenExample sentences
- He made to swipe me with the bottle, narrowly missing my face and catching me in the shoulder instead.
- Later, she claimed, two further women in her party were narrowly missed by a Land Rover.
- He's leading in New Hampshire narrowly or within the margin of run of most polls.
- 2 2.1 (closely) [formal](examine)to watch somebody narrowly
exhaustivamentevigilar a alguien de cercaExample sentences2.2 (restrictedly)
- In addition, our attention becomes more narrowly focused on the physical source of our pleasure.
- Tim watched Anna narrowly as her attention and her hands wandered below his waist.
- She scanned the baby narrowly, then looked as searchingly at Sandra, whose face was turned to gaze across the fields.
- It's just that their conception of what constitutes support is limited very narrowly to career advancement.
- They get to control it, for a limited time and it should be more narrowly limited than it is right now.
- Terrorism must be defined far more narrowly than in this proposal.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.