Translation of national in Spanish:
adjective→ National Book Award
- 1.1 (of country) our national anthemnuestro himno nacionalthey were wearing their national costume onational dressllevaban sus trajes típicosthe national debtla deuda nacional1.2 (not local, regional)(news/team/organization)
nacional(campaign/reputation)they plan to go national
a nivel nacionaltienen intención de empezar a operar a escala or a nivel nacionalExample sentences
- The two-hour show was televised on the national network so the whole country could watch.
- The national team turns the whole country orange and has a massive appeal to the fans.
- But the underlining issue is the coverage the game as a whole receives from national media.
- ciudadano, (-na) (masculine, feminine)foreign nationalslos ciudadanos extranjerosExample sentences
- Children of foreign nationals born prior to this date automatically received Irish citizenship.
- This status affords less legal protection than foreign nationals would receive in China.
- The outbreak of war also meant he had to return to Russia, as he was a foreign national in Germany.
Cultural Note: National Book Award
Cualquiera de los varios premios que la Association of American Publishers otorga, anualmente, a un libro nuevo que se haya publicado en Estados Unidos.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.