Translation of national in Spanish:
adjective→ National Book Award
- 1 (of country) our national anthemnuestro himno nacionalthey were wearing their national costume onational dressllevaban sus trajes típicosthe national debtla deuda nacional
- 2 (not local, regional)(news/team/organization)
nacional(campaign/reputation)they plan to go national
a nivel nacionaltienen intención de empezar a operar a escala or a nivel nacionalExample sentences
- The two-hour show was televised on the national network so the whole country could watch.
- The national team turns the whole country orange and has a massive appeal to the fans.
- But the underlining issue is the coverage the game as a whole receives from national media.
- ciudadano, (-na) (masculine, feminine)foreign nationalslos ciudadanos extranjerosExample sentences
- Children of foreign nationals born prior to this date automatically received Irish citizenship.
- This status affords less legal protection than foreign nationals would receive in China.
- The outbreak of war also meant he had to return to Russia, as he was a foreign national in Germany.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.