- [Bot] [Zool] naturalista (mf)More example sentences
- Ornithologists and naturalists, including the renowned nineteenth-century illustrator John Gould, originally classified male and female huias as two different species.
- To help do this, the event organizers have recruited naturalists and scientists with expertise in various animal and plant groups to lead teams of volunteers through the park and identify what is there.
- On this year's Antarctic cruises, for example, the onboard team includes scientists, naturalists and explorers, led by respected naturalist Nigel Sitwell.
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.
- [painter/writer] naturalistaMore example sentences
- But that, again, is a triumph of naturalist ideology over common sense.
- Nevertheless, such a logic fully brings out the absurd implications of the feminist and naturalist accounts.
- This was a challenge to the dominant, naturalist conventions of his day, where characters in drama represented specific social types without contradiction, predetermined and easily recognisable.