- 1 uncountable/no numerable (universe, way of things) naturaleza (feminine) the laws of nature las leyes de la naturaleza against nature contranatural it's nature's way of telling you you're overdoing it es la forma que tiene el organismo de decirte que te estás excediendo the beauties of nature los encantos de la naturaleza one of nature's gentlemen un caballero por naturaleza to return to nature [person] regresar or volver* a la naturaleza [garden] volver* a su estado natural to paint from nature pintar del natural (before noun/delante del nombre) nature conservation conservación (feminine) de la naturaleza nature lover amante (masculine and feminine) de la naturaleza nature study historia (feminine) naturalMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Religions are moving from a primarily human focus to include concerns for nature and all creation.
- It is from him that I gained my love of nature, my creative streak and my eye for detail.
- For humanists, the highest value is intelligent coexistence between humans and nature.
- The story illustrates the true nature of the relationship between journalists and the police.
- Both men have difficulty defining the exact nature of their relationship.
- Further study is necessary to elucidate the precise nature of the relationship between media exposure and cognitive development.
- 2 2.1 uncountable or countable/no numerable o numerable (of people) carácter (m), natural (m) he has a kind nature es de natural bondadoso it's not (in) his nature to complain no es de los que se quejan it's (in) her nature to be generous es generosa por naturaleza by nature por naturaleza to be/become second nature (to sb) it's second nature to me to put my seat belt on ponerme el cinturón de seguridad es un acto reflejo or es algo que hago automáticamente lying has become second nature to him mentir es algo que ya hace con total naturalidad 2.2 uncountable/no numerable (of things, concepts) naturaleza (feminine) the nature of the material/problem la naturaleza del material/problema questions of a very different nature cuestiones de naturaleza muy diferente the new body is consultative in nature [formal] el nuevo organismo es de carácter consultivo what was the nature of his response? [formal] ¿de qué índole fue su respuesta? [formal] it's in the nature of things that … es algo natural que … something of that nature algo de esa índoleMore example sentences
- By nature, every individual seeks to prove himself as a useful person in his or her society.
- By nature, a lot of us are selfish opportunists who tend to pay a lot more mind to something when a treat is guaranteed.
- By nature I'm definitely a spender, but I'm trying to force myself to be a saver instead.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain the term castellano, rather than español, refers to the Spanish language as opposed to Catalan, Basque etc. The choice of word has political overtones: castellano has separatist connotations and español is considered centralist. In Latin America castellano is the usual term for Spanish.