Translation of nature in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (universe, way of things) the laws of naturelas leyes de la naturalezaagainst naturecontranaturalit's nature's way of telling you you're overdoing ites la forma que tiene el organismo de decirte que te estás excediendothe beauties of naturelos encantos de la naturalezaone of nature's gentlemenun caballero por naturalezato return to nature (person)regresar or volver a la naturaleza(garden)to paint from nature
volver a su estado naturalpintar del natural(before noun) nature conservationconservación (feminine) de la naturalezaExample sentences
- Religions are moving from a primarily human focus to include concerns for nature and all creation.
- It is from him that I gained my love of nature, my creative streak and my eye for detail.
- For humanists, the highest value is intelligent coexistence between humans and nature.
- The story illustrates the true nature of the relationship between journalists and the police.
- Both men have difficulty defining the exact nature of their relationship.
- Further study is necessary to elucidate the precise nature of the relationship between media exposure and cognitive development.
- 2 2.1 uncountable or countable (of people) he has a kind naturees de natural bondadosoit's not (in) his nature to complainno es de los que se quejanit's (in) her nature to be generouses generosa por naturalezaby naturepor naturalezato be/become second nature (to somebody)it's second nature to me to put my seat belt onponerme el cinturón de seguridad es un acto reflejo or es algo que hago automáticamentelying has become second nature to himmentir es algo que ya hace con total naturalidadExample sentences2.2 uncountable (of things, concepts) the nature of the material/problem
la naturaleza del material/problemaquestions of a very different naturecuestiones de naturaleza muy diferentethe new body is consultative in nature [formal]el nuevo organismo es de carácter consultivowhat was the nature of his response? [formal]¿de qué índole fue su respuesta? [formal]it's in the nature of things that …es algo natural que …something of that naturealgo de esa índole
- By nature, every individual seeks to prove himself as a useful person in his or her society.
- By nature, a lot of us are selfish opportunists who tend to pay a lot more mind to something when a treat is guaranteed.
- By nature I'm definitely a spender, but I'm trying to force myself to be a saver instead.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.