Translation of naughty in Spanish:
adjective/adjetivo (-tier, -tiest)
- 1.1 (mischievous) [child/dog] malo, travieso, pícaro (you) naughty girl! ¡mala! (more affectionate) ¡pícara!, ¡pillina! [colloquial/familiar] don't do that, it's naughty eso no se haceExample sentences1.2 [word] feo don't use such naughty language no digas palabrotas 1.3 (in adult context) he was a bit naughty not to consult them estuvo mal en no consultarlos you naughty thing! ¡pillo!, ¡sinvergüenza! 1.4 (risqué) [joke] atrevido, picante, subido de tono
- Sometimes it's like being a school teacher with a multitude of naughty children to look after.
- I wasn't a very naughty child generally, so this was quite out of character.
- If your child is naughty, maybe it is the parents that are at fault.
- It was used to greatest effect when it makes the actors say rude or naughty things.
- Explicit language makes a lot of us squirm because it's chock full of taboos: It's crude, it's naughty, it's raunchy, its real.
- The lyrics to this very hummable song are extremely naughty, not smutty or crude, just enjoyably naughty.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.