Translation of neat in Spanish:
adjective -er, -est
- 1 1.1 (tidy, orderly)(room)
ordenado(garden)do up the buttons: it looks much neater
muy cuidadoabróchatelo: queda mucho mejorthe bottles stand in neat rowslas botellas están colocadas en filas muy ordenadasher hair is always very neatva siempre muy bien peinada or con el pelo muy arregladohis handwriting is very neattiene muy buena letrahe likes to have everything neat and tidyle gusta tenerlo todo muy arreglado or (in River Plate area also) prolijo y ordenadoshe likes to fit people into neat little categoriesle gusta encasillar a la gente de manera simplistaExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (trim, compact) a neat little car
- The sergeant counted the money onto the kitchen table, note by note, arranging it in neat piles.
- And when the City asked them to leave the sidewalk outside, they asked for an extra allotment of time, in order to be able to leave the site as neat and tidy as they found it.
- The village was neat, with tidy little houses, arranged along three roads leading out from this castle.
un cochecito compactoshe has a neat figuretiene muy buena figura or (Spain) muy buen tipo1.3 (deft)(somersault)
- Now, yes, he's neat and clean, but I don't think that's a fault.
- I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it.
- And doesn't such an organized and neat man deserve to be indicted just for making us all look bad?
bien hecho or ejecutadoExample sentences1.4 (ingenious)
- Calderon, an attacking midfielder, displayed some neat touches and demonstrated a willingness to run at defenders.
- ‘It is a very neat, environmentally-friendly solution,’ says Dr Reeder.
- At the moment we don't have a neat solution to the problem and it really is stretching staff and eroding morale.
- 2 (good, nice) (American English) [colloquial]neat hat, man!¡que sombrero más fantástico or (Spain) chulo or (Colombia) (Venezuela) más chévere or (Mexico) más padre or (Chile) más encachado! [colloquial]he's a neat ballplayeres un jugador buenísimo or (Spain) [colloquial] de narices
- 3(British English)I drink it neat
sololo bebo soloshe drank half a bottle of neat vodkase bebió media botella de vodka puro
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.