Translation of necessary in Spanish:
- 1 (required) necesario he never does more than is absolutely necessary nunca hace más de lo estrictamente necesario it is absolutely necessary es imprescindible or preciso we can always give it another coat of paint, if necessary siempre le podemos dar otra mano de pintura, si fuera necesarioto be necessary (
forsb) to + infinitive/infinitivoit's necessary for all of you to be there es necesario que estén todos allí it wasn't necessary for you to be informed no era necesario que se te informara was it really necessary to be so rude? ¿había necesidad de ser tan grosero?Example sentences
- We had always stayed out of each others private business, prying only when we deemed it absolutely necessary.
- A jury of experts reviewed a draft of the survey and made changes where necessary.
- Often it's impossible for the architect of a company to make the changes necessary to ensure it survives.
- 2 (inevitable) [conclusion/result] inevitable, lógico a necessary evil un mal necesarioExample sentences
- As much as I'd like to think that spying doesn't happen, it's going to happen as a necessary consequence of competition.
- The magazine, he says, is ‘a necessary consequence of their superstar status’.
- He saw radical skepticism as a necessary consequence of the misery of the human condition.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.