- negativo you're too negative eres demasiado negativo the blood test was negative el análisis de sangre dio negativo negative film negativo (masculine) negative image imagen (feminine) en negativoMore example sentences
- The records of her transaction, and loan would have been available and in their absence I draw a negative inference.
- 1 1.1 (word, particle) negación (feminine) double negative doble negación (feminine) put this sentence into the negative pon esta frase en negativoMore example sentences1.2 (no) negativa (feminine) he answered in the negative contestó negativamente or que no, contestó con una negativa
More example sentences
- Hence the perceived strangeness of They could give a damn, which has no overt negative, but means the same thing as the same phrase with a negative.
- A penchant for sentences with multiple negatives is one of the things that make jury instructions notoriously hard to understand.
- Re-reading P G Wodehouse's The Code of the Woosters the other day reminded me of the many words in English which are the negatives of words whose positive forms are now obsolete or rare.
- The Court answered that question in the negative (with Judge Bauer dissenting).
- RBC has bitten the bullet, and answered my question in the negative; he thinks he'd still be free, and wouldn't complain.
- It provides an answer to this question in the negative.
- 2 [Photography/Fotografía] negativo (masculine)More example sentences
- Up until this point I have been using Kodak film and having my negatives printed off and enlarging and framing them.
- Sugiura often uses the photogram as a paper negative to print a positive, in which the subject becomes a black silhouette.
- The photographer then contact prints negatives onto the platinum paper, which means the negative is put into direct contact with the paper as it is exposed by the enlarger.
- 3 [Electricity/Electricidad] polo (masculine) negativoMore example sentences
- Welding is done with direct current, electrode negative (straight polarity).