Translation of negative in Spanish:
- you're too negativethe blood test was negativeeres demasiado negativonegative film negative imageel análisis de sangre dio negativoimagen (feminine) en negativoExample sentences
- The records of her transaction, and loan would have been available and in their absence I draw a negative inference.
- 1 1.1 (word, particle) put this sentence into the negative1.2 (no) he answered in the negativepon esta frase en negativocontestó negativamente or que noExample sentences
- The Court answered that question in the negative (with Judge Bauer dissenting).
- RBC has bitten the bullet, and answered my question in the negative; he thinks he'd still be free, and wouldn't complain.
- It provides an answer to this question in the negative.
- Hence the perceived strangeness of They could give a damn, which has no overt negative, but means the same thing as the same phrase with a negative.
- A penchant for sentences with multiple negatives is one of the things that make jury instructions notoriously hard to understand.
- Re-reading P G Wodehouse's The Code of the Woosters the other day reminded me of the many words in English which are the negatives of words whose positive forms are now obsolete or rare.
- 2 (Photography)Example sentences
- Up until this point I have been using Kodak film and having my negatives printed off and enlarging and framing them.
- Sugiura often uses the photogram as a paper negative to print a positive, in which the subject becomes a black silhouette.
- The photographer then contact prints negatives onto the platinum paper, which means the negative is put into direct contact with the paper as it is exposed by the enlarger.
- 3 (Electricity)polo (masculine) negativoExample sentences
- Welding is done with direct current, electrode negative (straight polarity).
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to