Translation of nervous in Spanish:
- 1 (apprehensive, tense) nervioso to feel/get nervous estar*/ponerse* nervioso she gets terribly nervous se pone nerviosísimato be nervous
aboutsth/ -ingthere's nothing to be nervous about no tienes por qué ponerte nervioso I was nervous about making a mistake tenía miedo de equivocarme she's nervous of traffic since the accident desde el accidente le tiene miedo al tráfico to make sb nervous poner* nervioso a algn those of a nervous disposition las personas nerviosasExample sentences
- We were pretty stressed and nervous about taking Arthur after the horrible accident of last weekend.
- The days are gone when I am going to get nervous about games or worry about whether or not I play well.
- I was, as ever, tense and nervous about the whole thing but I found it quite interesting and nicely handled.
- 2 [system/tissue/tension] nervioso a nervous complaint un problema nervioso she's a nervous wreck [colloquial/familiar] es un manojo de nervios (temporary state) está que se muere de nervios, está muy mal de los nervios nervous collapse colapso (masculine) nervioso nervous exhaustion agotamiento (masculine) nerviosoExample sentences
- It is an excited nervous feeling though, full of expectation and anticipation.
- The thought of his blind date gives him a rush of anticipatory nervous excitement.
- I commented on this and was told the rashes were a nervous reaction to low-flying jets and explosions.
- One might imagine that nervous tissue consists of nerve cells and very little else.
- Too ill to work and plagued by nervous disorders, these victims have almost given up on life.
- He also said the woman's case history files showed she had been treated for nervous disorders.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...