Translation of nettle in Spanish:
- also: stinging nettleto grasp the nettleagarrar al toro por las astas or (especially Spain) coger el toro por los cuernosExample sentences
- These so-called host plants include many broadleaf weeds and cover crops such as nettles, mallow, chicory, dandelion, thistles, bindweed, deadly nightshade, and many clovers.
- But the beauty of most edible plants - nettles, dandelions, alexanders, fat hen, sorrel - is that they are so prolific they are considered a nuisance.
- Almost everyone is familiar with the nettle through its formidable sting, but few know about the important role it plays in the natural world.
- she was somewhat nettled by my remarkmi comentario le molestó or la irritó un pocoExample sentences
- So it nettles me a little bit for people to question her qualifications.
- One remark of Don's, however, nettled me for its pre-emptive protecting of the poet.
- I am nettled by this, and, refusing his attentions walk off into the surf squaring my shoulders.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.