Translation of neutral in Spanish:
- 1 (impartial) to remain neutralpermanecer neutralExample sentences
- It claims to be a neutral organisation, supported by academic researchers, but is starting from the point of view that there are important figures missing from the arguments so far put forward for wind.
- This should be enough to make any neutral observer support them, but there is a more important cause.
- For them the quality and standard of the game is a side issue that is of importance only to the neutral supporters.
- 2 (not bright)(shade/tone)
- But it is all set in deliberately neutral terms, implying that this debate is always an honest one, which it is not.
- I'd rather have a sliver of prosciutto or a wheel of spicy sausage than neutral, inoffensive chicken any day.
- The earlier, prescriptive sense of the term continues to be used, but the later, more neutral sense is common among scholars of language.
- Colours range from neutral creams and beige to khaki, navy, grey and black.
- From a distance this crowd looked a uniformly nondescript plaster colour, a neutral tone made up chiefly of faded blue and dirty grey.
- Like the hall, the room had been decorated in rather neutral colours, the beige floor carrying on into this room also.
- 3 (Chemistry, Electricity, Linguistics)Example sentences
- Clematis prefer a neutral to slightly alkaline soil, so add lime if your soil is on the acidic side. Keep the roots shaded and the tops in sun.
- Ideally, maples like neutral to acid soil with the addition of peat.
- A litmus paper can be used to find out whether the soil is acidic, alkaline or neutral.
- And that is what it does, but because the proton has a positive charge and the neutron is neutral, the nucleus somehow has to get rid of a positive charge.
- Positively charged cations are smaller than their neutral atoms because they lose electrons.
- Use a neon circuit tester to verify the power is off by touching one lead to an exposed black wire and the other to a metal box or to the neutral wire.
- 1 (Cars)to be in neutral (car/gear)estar en punto muertoExample sentences
- He may be coasting down a hill with the gears in neutral and the engine switched off; he may be steering a vehicle which is being towed by another.
- He hurriedly moved the gear in neutral and tried the emergency brake.
- It decided to stay about two-thirds open, which gives a tidy shove forward, and the only thing I could do was select neutral and try and turn off an engine which was fast trying to grenade itself.
- 2 (neutral country)país (masculine) neutralExample sentences
- Wedgwood concedes that the U.S. government should ‘continue to respect the sovereignty of allies and neutrals.’
- If you lie to an ally or a friendly neutral in a small matter, where you don't actually intend to declare war on him, you're sowing seeds of mistrust without gaining any great benefits.
- Watching the Conservative Party leadership contest, political neutrals are unsure whether to laugh or cry.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.