Translation of neutralize in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [Chemistry/Química] [Electricity/Electricidad] neutralizar*Example sentences1.2 [threat/effect/forces] neutralizar*, anular
- It is also the opposite of baking and washing soda; it is acidic and therefore neutralizes alkaline or caustic substances.
- This neutralizes carbonic acid and transports carbon dioxide in the blood.
- Baking soda, a gentle alkaline powder, neutralizes odor-causing acids by restoring your skin's natural pH level.
- In addition, any other effects of cortisol are neutralized by RU - 486.
- Winfield has excellent coverage skills and often was able to neutralize the slot receiver opposite him.
- This has the odd effect of partially neutralising Dafoe's excellent performance, creating a character who is Bugs Bunny-like, capable of partaking in comic one-liners.
- The traditional military aims to destroy, defeat, or neutralize the enemy's military capability, and this remains a fundamental concept.
- But al Qaeda and its allies are a real danger to the United States, and these foes cannot be neutralized by military might alone.
- But all international terrorist leaders are yet to be neutralized.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.