Translation of next door in Spanish:
- who lives next door?¿quién vive al lado or en la casa de al lado?next door
tosomebody/somethingal ladothe people next door dealguien/algolos vecinos (de al lado)the boy/girl next doorel chico/la chica de al ladoExample sentences
- You'll dine like a king and probably want to build a house next door just so you can pop in every day for lunch.
- He took up so much room we moved him to the house next door, which was empty.
- The meeting house will be similar in size to The Fox public house next door and will have parking for 28 cars.
also: next-door adjective
- (before noun)de al ladoour next-door neighborsExample sentences
- My daughter Rebecca was the only eye witness to the murder of her grandmother by a next-door neighbour in 1995.
- When she was nearly 80, my dear old mum would skip down the garden, jump on to a bench and hop over the wall to check on her next-door neighbour.
- A burglar who twice crept through a roof space to raid his next-door neighbour's house has been jailed for 15 months.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.