Translation of nibble in Spanish:
- 1.1 (bite)Example sentences1.2 (eat, pick at)
- It's a good idea also to pack a snack of cheese and biscuits to nibble on between wineries - and if you can persuade a teetotal friend to drive you so much the better!
- Next I nibble on the chocolate cookie, reminding myself of the rabbit I had when I was younger.
- If you suffer from morning sickness, try the following home remedies: nibble on a ginger biscuit before getting up and try to eat a little something often - perhaps a biscuit, oatcake or crispbread.
- Rats and guinea pigs nibble and graze continuously without well-defined meal times.
- Feeding on the growth of after work drinking and nibbling, chicken appetizers are gaining strength based on contemporary Mexican and Asian recipes.
- One of the high points for me was standing at the squirrel feeding station and watching two red squirrels, one still young, playing and nibbling without a worry - a rare treat these days.
- 1.1 (bite) to have a nibble at somethingmordisquear algoExample sentences1.2 (in fishing) I didn't get a nibble all afternoon
no picaron en toda la tarde1.3also: nibbles plural(party snacks) [colloquial]cosas (feminine plural) para picar
- You have to rely on senses and a vague idea about what a fish eating a worm feels like through the line, and what it looks like as the nibble bends the tip of your rod.
- Like Lawson, she responds with semi-delirium to certain tastes, and makes breathless lowing noises between nibbles.
- It was very relaxing to watch the boats go by with their night lanterns on and on occasion feel the nibble from the fishing rod hoping you would catch the big one.
botanas (feminine plural) (Mexico)Example sentences
- Hopefully there was a stopover at Jim's Place, Stuart's Well, for hot toddies and nibbles, the last sign of running water for a while and maybe Dinky, the resident dingo, crooned a special early song for them all.
- Tickets are £5 each, and will include a memento of the occasion and a finger buffet / nibbles.
- Keep your distance from the nibbles, buffet table or food table.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.