Translation of nicely in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (amiably)(treat/smile)
amablementeExample sentences1.2 (politely, respectably)
con buenos modales
- We extend sincere thanks to everybody who met us so nicely and so friendly when we called to their houses.
- So she said: oh, OK then Rupert, since you're a friend, and since you've asked so nicely.
- Yes, it's true the football team is coming off what is, to put it as nicely as possible, a disastrous season.
- 2 2.1 (attractively)(presented/dressed)she arranged the flowers very nicely
bienarregló las flores muy bien or con mucho gustoExample sentences2.2 (well, satisfactorily)
(get on/work)she's doing nicely on $60,000 a year
- The sauce was pleasant and the garlic nicely roasted, but the flavours were sleepwalking.
- The next singer is Ngaiire Joseph who was dressed much more nicely than last time when she appeared in a tablecloth.
- She too was dressed in a gorgeous lacy yellow dress which contrasted nicely with her long, silky black hair.
bienno se puede quejar, con 60.000 dólares al añosmoked salmon will do nicely, thank you [humorous]salmón ahumado no estaría nada malExample sentences
- I think that would nicely satisfy all of the above criteria, stylistically.
- His nicely designed and satisfyingly content-rich website should help me to educate myself.
- All you want to do now, apart from sip wanly at the dregs of that satisfying Shiraz, is stump upstairs and crash into a nicely turned down bed.
- 3 (finely, precisely)(judged/timed)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.