- 1 1.1 (amiably) [treat/smile] amablementeMore example sentences1.2 (politely, respectably) con buenos modales
- We extend sincere thanks to everybody who met us so nicely and so friendly when we called to their houses.
- So she said: oh, OK then Rupert, since you're a friend, and since you've asked so nicely.
- Yes, it's true the football team is coming off what is, to put it as nicely as possible, a disastrous season.
- 2 2.1 (attractively) [presented/dressed] bien she arranged the flowers very nicely arregló las flores muy bien or con mucho gusto 2.2 (well, satisfactorily) [get on/work] bien she's doing nicely on $60,000 a year no se puede quejar, con 60.000 dólares al año smoked salmon will do nicely, thank you [humorous/humorístico] salmón ahumado no estaría nada malMore example sentences
More example sentences
- I think that would nicely satisfy all of the above criteria, stylistically.
- His nicely designed and satisfyingly content-rich website should help me to educate myself.
- All you want to do now, apart from sip wanly at the dregs of that satisfying Shiraz, is stump upstairs and crash into a nicely turned down bed.
- The sauce was pleasant and the garlic nicely roasted, but the flavours were sleepwalking.
- The next singer is Ngaiire Joseph who was dressed much more nicely than last time when she appeared in a tablecloth.
- She too was dressed in a gorgeous lacy yellow dress which contrasted nicely with her long, silky black hair.
- 3 (finely, precisely) [judged/timed] (muy) bien, con precisión
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Palacio de Oriente, also known as the Palacio Real, is the official residence of the Spanish Royal Family. The Royal Family now lives in the Palacio de la Zarzuela, on the outskirts of Madrid.