Translation of niche in Spanish:
- 1 (Architecture)Example sentences
- Zeno built a tall wall with about 20 niches for statues of gods and goddesses behind the stage.
- In 1549, Jafar founded Kudus Mosque and fastened the rock in its mihrab, a niche in the mosque wall facing Mecca.
- The center of Schinkel's building also contained a large rotunda, modeled on the Pantheon in Rome, where statues of the ancient gods inhabited niches recessed in the circular floor.
- 2 (suitable place) she's found a little niche for herself in the businessse ha hecho su huequito en la empresa [colloquial]
- 3 (Business, Marketing) niche marketmercado (masculine) altamente especializado
mercado (masculine) nichoExample sentences
- Electric cars will probably remain a tiny niche of the auto industry until drivers see a serious expansion of charging stations.
- The survivors include pharmacies that were able to trim costs, focus on customer service and find a niche or specialty, such as hospice service or diabetic equipment, she said.
- Some improvements were made, and the engine found a long-lived niche in the British motor industry.
- 4 (Ecology)Example sentences
- At the same time, the various oral communities that live on the body are highly dependent on the environmental conditions that normally prevail within each niche.
- Some early humans may have started eating meat as a way to survive within their own ecological niche.
- The ecological role and niche of coiled cephalopods can be studied by considering the common morphological characters of these fossils.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.