Translation of nickel in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (metal)Example sentences
- Metals like silver, nickel and gold are a perfect medium for coinage because of their durability and the value accorded by their relative rarity.
- We are already exporting gold and we have substantial resources of silver, uranium, nickel, cobalt, the deposits of which need further investigation.
- When waste oils are burned in incinerators, toxic metals such as nickel, vanadium and cadmium get ensnared in the particles given off into the atmosphere.
- 2 countable (US coin)(moneda de cinco centavos)I don't have a nickel to my nameno tengo un céntimono tengo donde caerme muerto [colloquial]don't take any wooden nickels [colloquial] [dated]¡que no te tomen el pelo or te vendan un buzón! [colloquial]Example sentences
- Here we have ten coins: pennies, nickels, and dimes.
- You have five quarters, two nickels, three dimes and a penny in your pocket.
- There on the counter, the boy had left two nickels and five pennies.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.