- 1 uncountable/no numerable [Chemistry/Química] [Metallurgy/Metalurgia] níquel (masculine)More example sentences
- Metals like silver, nickel and gold are a perfect medium for coinage because of their durability and the value accorded by their relative rarity.
- We are already exporting gold and we have substantial resources of silver, uranium, nickel, cobalt, the deposits of which need further investigation.
- When waste oils are burned in incinerators, toxic metals such as nickel, vanadium and cadmium get ensnared in the particles given off into the atmosphere.
- 2 countable/numerable (US coin)moneda de cinco centavos I don't have a nickel to my name no tengo un céntimo, no tengo donde caerme muerto [colloquial/familiar] don't take any wooden nickels [colloquial, dated/familiar, anticuado] ¡que no te tomen el pelo or te vendan un buzón! [colloquial/familiar]More example sentences
- Here we have ten coins: pennies, nickels, and dimes.
- You have five quarters, two nickels, three dimes and a penny in your pocket.
- There on the counter, the boy had left two nickels and five pennies.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The PAN (Partido de Acción Nacional) is the political party that won the Mexican general elections in 2000, breaking the Partido Revolucional Institucional's record of 71 years in power. PRI - Partido Revolucionario InstitucionalPAN was founded in 1939 as a conservative alternative to President, Lázaro Cárdenas. It presents an image of being a defender of popular causes, but takes an individualistic approach to matters of education and property. Its traditional policies include limiting state intervention in the economy to a minimum and bringing about a greater rapprochement between the government and the church.