- 1 uncountable/no numerable (metal) níquel (masculine)More example sentences
- Metals like silver, nickel and gold are a perfect medium for coinage because of their durability and the value accorded by their relative rarity.
- We are already exporting gold and we have substantial resources of silver, uranium, nickel, cobalt, the deposits of which need further investigation.
- When waste oils are burned in incinerators, toxic metals such as nickel, vanadium and cadmium get ensnared in the particles given off into the atmosphere.
- 2 countable/numerable (US coin)[ moneda de cinco centavos ] I don't have a nickel to my name no tengo un céntimo, no tengo donde caerme muerto [colloquial/familiar] don't take any wooden nickels [colloquial/familiar] [dated/anticuado] ¡que no te tomen el pelo or te vendan un buzón! [colloquial/familiar]More example sentences
- Here we have ten coins: pennies, nickels, and dimes.
- You have five quarters, two nickels, three dimes and a penny in your pocket.
- There on the counter, the boy had left two nickels and five pennies.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.