Translation of nickel in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable/no numerable (metal) níquel (masculine)Example sentences
- Metals like silver, nickel and gold are a perfect medium for coinage because of their durability and the value accorded by their relative rarity.
- We are already exporting gold and we have substantial resources of silver, uranium, nickel, cobalt, the deposits of which need further investigation.
- When waste oils are burned in incinerators, toxic metals such as nickel, vanadium and cadmium get ensnared in the particles given off into the atmosphere.
- 2 countable/numerable (US coin)[ moneda de cinco centavos ] I don't have a nickel to my name no tengo un céntimo, no tengo donde caerme muerto [colloquial/familiar] don't take any wooden nickels [colloquial/familiar] [dated/anticuado] ¡que no te tomen el pelo or te vendan un buzón! [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- Here we have ten coins: pennies, nickels, and dimes.
- You have five quarters, two nickels, three dimes and a penny in your pocket.
- There on the counter, the boy had left two nickels and five pennies.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.