Translation of nickel in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable/no numerable (metal) níquel (masculine)Example sentences
- Metals like silver, nickel and gold are a perfect medium for coinage because of their durability and the value accorded by their relative rarity.
- We are already exporting gold and we have substantial resources of silver, uranium, nickel, cobalt, the deposits of which need further investigation.
- When waste oils are burned in incinerators, toxic metals such as nickel, vanadium and cadmium get ensnared in the particles given off into the atmosphere.
- 2 countable/numerable (US coin)[ moneda de cinco centavos ] I don't have a nickel to my name no tengo un céntimo, no tengo donde caerme muerto [colloquial/familiar] don't take any wooden nickels [colloquial/familiar] [dated/anticuado] ¡que no te tomen el pelo or te vendan un buzón! [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- Here we have ten coins: pennies, nickels, and dimes.
- You have five quarters, two nickels, three dimes and a penny in your pocket.
- There on the counter, the boy had left two nickels and five pennies.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Did you know that Antena 3 was Spain's first private television channel? It began broadcasting in 1989. Its proprietors include the conservative newspapers La Vanguardia and ABC.