Translation of nightmare in Spanish:
- pesadilla (feminine) to have nightmares tener* pesadillas the trip/interview was a nightmare la excursión/entrevista fue una pesadilla (before noun/delante del nombre) [journey/situation/vision] pesadillesco, de pesadillaExample sentences
- Before I could do anything else, my worst nightmare happened, right before my eyes.
- But he has avoided his own worst nightmare, which is that of missing life entirely.
- In denying him his right to be buried in Jerusalem, the Israelis have created their worst nightmare.
- We take a simple consumption tax and turn it into a complicated nightmare.
- Though I did primary school teaching I forgot what a nightmare these tests are for parents.
- That situation could have been a nightmare, but his mum views us both as surrogate daughters and is very easy to get along with.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the