Translation of nil in Spanish:
- (British English/inglés británico) [Sport/Deporte] cero (masculine) we lost two nil perdimos por dos a cero the score is three nil to United United va ganando por tres a cero it was nil nil at half time al finalizar el primer tiempo iban cero a cero or iban empatados a ceroExample sentences
- They were winning by eight points to nil until Ronan Conway scored the only goal of the game well into injury time.
- After the home side led at the break by a goal to nil, the visitors scored two early goals at the start of the second half to put them in the driving seat.
- Vikings started strongly but were unable to convert and so the game was locked at nil all in the first half.
- nulo he has nil support among the middle classes (British English/inglés británico) no tiene ningún apoyo entre la clase media
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.