Translation of nipper in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (claw)Example sentences1.2
also: nippers plural(Technology)Example sentences
- In others, they are intermediate in size and appear to function as pincers or nippers, as in other groups of mammals.
- To avoid damaging the face of the trim, pry nails out the back with locking pliers or nippers (end-cutting pliers).
- Remove the nails left in the molding from the backside (so you won't damage the face) using nippers or locking pliers.
- First, remove the nails left in the molding from the backside using nippers or locking pliers.
- 2 (child)(British English) [colloquial] [dated]
chiquillo, (-lla) (masculine, feminine)
chaval, (-vala) (masculine, feminine) (Spain) [colloquial]
chamaco, (-ca) (masculine, feminine) (Mexico) [colloquial]
pibe, (-ba) (masculine, feminine) (River Plate area) [colloquial]Example sentences
- There was a young nipper lying on the side of the road and the ambulance crew just picked him up and were away.
- Do those with nippers at private school seek an advantage?
- I used to go to Sherington school, just over the way, and there's no way that many kids were driven to school when I was a nipper.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.