Translation of nipple in Spanish:
- 1 (on breast)(of woman) pezón (masculine)(of man) tetilla (feminine)Example sentences
- A cleft in the roof of the mouth makes it difficult for the baby to suck forcefully enough to draw milk through a nipple.
- This pushes the milk to the nipple, and releases it as the baby feeds.
- In addition to this, it is likely that you will be unable to breastfeed in the future, because the nipple has been separated from the milk ducts during the operation.
- Anatomists cite many more examples of such inefficient or useless structures, such as nipples in male primates.
- These include the appendix, most body hair, wisdom teeth, male nipples, and external ear muscles, to name just a few.
- While nipples in woman serve a purpose, male nipples appear to be simply left over from the initial stage of embryonic development.
- 2 (on bottle) (American English)tetina (feminine)
chupón (masculine) (Mexico)
chupete (masculine) (Southern Cone)
chupo (masculine) (Colombia)Example sentences
- Rubber nipples take much longer to crack than the real things.
- The baby must develop different techniques for extracting milk from human and rubber nipples.
- There is even a scene in which Peter tastes the milk from the nipple of the bottle, and then pours it into his coffee.
- 3also: grease nipple(Cars)Example sentences
- It should be noted that this rim is so strong that even with seven nipples starting to pull out of the rim, it was barely out of true.
- A barrel shaped coil spring is snapped over the nipple and positively retained thereto.
- These balls were rammed home after the powder charge was placed in each cylinder and a nipple on each cap.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.