Translation of nod in Spanish:
- he greeted her with a nodla saludó con la cabezashe gave a nod of agreement he gave a nod and we set offme hizo una señal con la cabeza y nos fuimosa nod and a winkhe didn't say I could, but he gave me a nod and a winkno me dijo que sí, pero me lo dio a entenderto be passed on the nod (British)ser aprobado sin debateto give somebody/something the noddarle luz verde a alguien/algoa nod is as good as a wink (to a blind man or horse)a buen entendedor pocas palabras (bastan)Example sentences
- He answered my father with a slight nod, his cold eyes never leaving my own.
- ‘Yes,’ she said with a slight nod and as she started backing slowly away.
- Alexis returned the embrace and agreed with the slight nod of her head.
transitive verb present participle nodding past tense, past participle nodded
- 1he nodded his head (in agreement) he nodded his approvalExample sentences
- Stifling another giggle, she only nods her agreement, unable to voice her assent.
- He became quizzical yet some of them nodded their assent or what he took to be assent.
- When I ask her about this, McTeer nods her assent.
- 2 (Sport)(ball)
- He swung in a cross which Walker failed to cut out and the Zimbabwe player nodded the ball into an empty net from two yards.
- He nodded the ball down only for the goalkeeper to stick out a hand and paw it away.
- County missed a glorious chance when defensive panic from a free-kick caused Gavin to nod the ball over the advancing Henderson.
intransitive verb present participle nodding past tense, past participle nodded
- 1 (dip head) she smiled at me and I nodded to herme sonrió y la saludé con la cabezathey nodded in assentasintieron con la cabezashe nodded to me to sit downme indicó con la cabeza que me sentarathe poppies were nodding in the breezelas amapolas se mecían con la brisa [literary]Example sentences
- Emily nodded slowly in agreement while kicking a box to the corner.
- The boy nodded mutely, tears brimming in his eyes.
- Unable to resist his charm and devastating smile, Blair nodded mutely in response.
- 2also: nodding present participlewe're on nodding termsnos conocemos de vistaI have only a nodding acquaintance with Chaucer's work
nos saludamos, pero nada mássolo tengo un conocimiento superficial de la obra de Chaucer
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.