Translation of nod in Spanish:
- he greeted her with a nodshe gave a nod of agreement he gave a nod and we set offla saludó con la cabezaa nod and a winkhe didn't say I could, but he gave me a nod and a winkme hizo una señal con la cabeza y nos fuimosto be passed on the nod (British English)no me dijo que sí, pero me lo dio a entenderto give somebody/something the nodser aprobado sin debatea nod is as good as a wink (to a blind man o horse)darle luz verde a alguien/algoa buen entendedor pocas palabras (bastan)Example sentences
- He answered my father with a slight nod, his cold eyes never leaving my own.
- ‘Yes,’ she said with a slight nod and as she started backing slowly away.
- Alexis returned the embrace and agreed with the slight nod of her head.
transitive verb -dd-
- 1.1he nodded his head (in agreement) he nodded his approval 1.2 (Sport)(ball)Example sentences
- He swung in a cross which Walker failed to cut out and the Zimbabwe player nodded the ball into an empty net from two yards.
- He nodded the ball down only for the goalkeeper to stick out a hand and paw it away.
- County missed a glorious chance when defensive panic from a free-kick caused Gavin to nod the ball over the advancing Henderson.
- Stifling another giggle, she only nods her agreement, unable to voice her assent.
- He became quizzical yet some of them nodded their assent or what he took to be assent.
- When I ask her about this, McTeer nods her assent.
intransitive verb -dd-
- 1.1 (dip head) See examples: she smiled at me and I nodded to herthey nodded in assentme sonrió y la saludé con la cabezashe nodded to me to sit downasintieron con la cabezathe poppies were nodding in the breezeme indicó con la cabeza que me sentara1.2las amapolas se mecían con la brisa [literary]also: nodding present participlewe're on nodding termsI have only a nodding acquaintance with Chaucer's worknos conocemos de vistanos saludamos, pero nada más1.3 (drowse)solo tengo un conocimiento superficial de la obra de Chaucerdar cabezadasExample sentences
- Basic chores done, I gave up and went to sit in the kitchen, where I slumped in my chair, yawning and nodding.
- It's quiet, the woman's out, the kid's asleep, and I am nodding over a notebook and tea, wearing fuzzy slippers.
- Emily nodded slowly in agreement while kicking a box to the corner.
- The boy nodded mutely, tears brimming in his eyes.
- Unable to resist his charm and devastating smile, Blair nodded mutely in response.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than