Translation of nominate in Spanish:
- 1.1 (propose)to nominate somebody (
forsomething)(for a post)she was nominated for an Oscar
proponer or (in Latin America also) postular a alguien (
paraalgo)fue nominada para un Oscar1.2 (appoint, choose)Example sentences
- An eight-year-old boy with a heart defect and sight problems is starring in a new film which has been nominated for a BAFTA award.
- Her film has apparently won two awards and was just nominated for a third in Sydney, Australia.
- Mother Trisha Harwood has been nominated for a top award for helping her local school grow and branch out in the community.
- Under the terms of the trust's loan agreement with the club, Bees United are now in a position to nominate a further director for appointment to the board of Brentford FC Limited.
- Lin was nominated to the position last month after former president Benny Hu was ousted by the bank's board.
- Cathryn stood out as someone with a real future in coaching, and we had no hesitation nominating her for the position.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.