- 1 (not any, not one) (referring to count n) ninguno, ninguna I tried to get tickets, but there were none left traté de comprar entradas pero no quedaba ninguna or ni una any objections? — none at all ¿tienes alguna objeción? — no, ninguna none of us know o knows her ninguno de nosotros la conoce none of my suggestions was o were accepted no aceptaron ninguna de mis sugerencias we want none of your sarcastic comments guárdate tus comentarios sarcásticos
- 2 (no amount or part) (referring to uncount noun/aplicado a nombre no contable) did you buy any milk? there's none left ¿compraste leche? no hay más or se ha acabado we wanted caviar, but there was none to be had queríamos caviar pero no había (por ningún lado) does she have any experience? — none that I know of ¿tiene experiencia? — que yo sepa noMore example sentences
- He had hoped to receive parking permits for residents but none were forthcoming.
- There were none, except perhaps the slight lift of an eyebrow as he noticed Cory's gaze.
- It's beginning to build an activist community in a city where previously there was none.
- 3 (no person, no thing) [literary/literario] I fear none no le temo a nadie none but he would have dared nadie más que él or solo él se habría atrevido none but the best ingredients solo los mejores ingredientes Pearl's cream: there's none better crema Pearl: la mejorMore example sentences
- If Donie was the man of the match then there were heroes as well and none more so than goalie Colm Munnelly.
- To my sorrow and sadness nobody recognized me and there was none to honour me as your lover at your gate.
- Not only did none of them show up, but none sent me as much as a postcard of good wishes.
- 1 1.1none the (not, in no way) (with comparative/con comparativo) I was none the wiser after his explanation su explicación no me aclaró nada, tampoco entendí nada con su explicación he looks none the better for his vacation las vacaciones no parecen haberle hecho nada de bien 1.2none too (not very) (with adj or adv) she was none too pleased to see me no le hizo demasiada gracia verme they began the season none too confidently empezaron la temporada sin mucha confianza
- 2 (American English/inglés norteamericano) [criticized usage/uso criticado], (with negative/con negativo) nada it didn't hurt none no me dolió nada
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.