Translation of nonpareil in Spanish:
- 1 (unsurpassed person, thing) [archaic] [literary](persona o cosa sin parangón)Example sentences
- For some reason, he failed to mention the nonpareil: Nelson Algren.
- Cisco, the nonpareil of networking equipment makers and at one time the sine qua non of tech stocks is feeling the pinch.
- The current nonpareil of the genre is the mammoth bestseller He's Just Not That Into You: The No-Excuses Truth to Understanding Guys.
- 2also: nonpareils plural(US) (Cooking)grageas (feminine plural) de coloresExample sentences
- Now shipping, Concession Obsession replicates filmgoers' favorite munchies: indulgent vanilla bean ice cream studded with nonpareils, chocolate-laden peanuts, crispy candy bars and caramel swirls.
- [archaic] [literary]sin parsin parangón [literary]Example sentences
- Watching him translate for his father, Kyle seems unfazed about his nonpareil ability, remaining nonchalant to the film crew buzzing round him.
- Throughout, Sclavis manages to combine an impressive variety of styles, genres and influences, creating a nonpareil experience for the listener.
- The nonpareil recording, a flirty and spontaneous duet between Elis Regina and Jobim himself, makes more sense to me in Portugese.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.