Translation of nonsense in Spanish:
- 1 (rubbish)tonterías (feminine plural)to talk nonsense
estupideces (feminine plural)decir tonterías or estupideces or disparatesshe's been filling your head with nonsensete ha estado llenando la cabeza de tonterías or estupidecesthat's absolute nonsenseeso es una tontería or una estupidezit's nonsense to claim it was an accidentes absurdo or ridículo afirmar que fue un accidentewhat's all this nonsense about you not coming to the party?¿qué tonterías son esas de que no vienes a la fiesta?to make (a) nonsense of somethinghacer que algo resulte absurdo(as interjection) nonsense!¡tonterías! or ¡qué ridículo!(before noun) nonsense verserimas (feminine plural) disparatadasExample sentences
- Then he comes into this House, along with his colleagues, and talks a lot of drivel and absolute nonsense.
- I try to write, and manage 60 words of unsatisfactory nonsense before I give up.
- Like I said earlier, it's absolute nonsense but nonsense which has been crafted with care and boundless enthusiasm.
- 2 (bad behavior)tonterías (feminine plural)he won't stand or take any nonsense from anyoneno aguanta las tonterías de nadieExample sentences
- I believed that his romanticisms were foolish nonsense and were to be looked down upon.
- Referee Peter McCarthy refused to stand for any nonsense and brandished a succession of cards.
- Frankly, I am not going to stand any of your nonsense; and when you drop it I shall not expect you to stand any of mine.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.