Translation of nonsense in Spanish:
- 1 (rubbish)to talk nonsensetonterías (feminine plural)estupideces (feminine plural)she's been filling your head with nonsensedecir tonterías or estupideces or disparatesthat's absolute nonsensete ha estado llenando la cabeza de tonterías or estupidecesit's nonsense to claim it was an accidenteso es una tontería or una estupidezwhat's all this nonsense about you not coming to the party?es absurdo or ridículo afirmar que fue un accidenteto make (a) nonsense of something¿qué tonterías son esas de que no vienes a la fiesta?(as interjection) nonsense!hacer que algo resulte absurdo(before noun) nonsense verse¡tonterías! or ¡qué ridículo!rimas (feminine plural) disparatadasExample sentences
- Then he comes into this House, along with his colleagues, and talks a lot of drivel and absolute nonsense.
- I try to write, and manage 60 words of unsatisfactory nonsense before I give up.
- Like I said earlier, it's absolute nonsense but nonsense which has been crafted with care and boundless enthusiasm.
- 2 (bad behavior)he won't stand o take any nonsense from anyonetonterías (feminine plural)no aguanta las tonterías de nadieExample sentences
- I believed that his romanticisms were foolish nonsense and were to be looked down upon.
- Referee Peter McCarthy refused to stand for any nonsense and brandished a succession of cards.
- Frankly, I am not going to stand any of your nonsense; and when you drop it I shall not expect you to stand any of mine.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the