- 1 (rubbish) tonterías (fpl), estupideces (fpl) to talk nonsense decir* tonterías or estupideces or disparates she's been filling your head with nonsense te ha estado llenando la cabeza de tonterías or estupideces that's absolute nonsense eso es una tontería or una estupidez it's nonsense to claim it was an accident es absurdo or ridículo afirmar que fue un accidente what's all this nonsense about you not coming to the party? ¿qué tonterías son esas de que no vienes a la fiesta? to make (a) nonsense of sth hacer* que algo resulte absurdo (as interjection/como interjección) nonsense! ¡tonterías! or ¡qué ridículo! (before noun/delante del nombre) nonsense verse rimas (feminine plural) disparatadasMore example sentences
- Then he comes into this House, along with his colleagues, and talks a lot of drivel and absolute nonsense.
- I try to write, and manage 60 words of unsatisfactory nonsense before I give up.
- Like I said earlier, it's absolute nonsense but nonsense which has been crafted with care and boundless enthusiasm.
- 2 (bad behavior) tonterías (feminine plural) he won't stand o take any nonsense from anyone no aguanta las tonterías de nadieMore example sentences
- I believed that his romanticisms were foolish nonsense and were to be looked down upon.
- Referee Peter McCarthy refused to stand for any nonsense and brandished a succession of cards.
- Frankly, I am not going to stand any of your nonsense; and when you drop it I shall not expect you to stand any of mine.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Paro is the name in Spain for both unemployment and unemployment benefit. The period for which paro can be claimed ranges from three months to a year, depending on how long a person has been working. The amount paid decreases over the period of unemployment.