Translation of norm in Spanish:
- 1.1 (standard, rule) norma (feminine) social norms normas socialesExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (average) the norm lo normal that's not the norm eso no es lo normal to deviate from the norm apartarse de la norma or de lo normal
- It is easy to assume that these new roles lead to strains on the elderly in that: they must adapt to changes in social norms and acceptable behavioral standards.
- The distortion and utter disregard for social norms, anti-social behaviour and altered family values, are some of the manifestations of this phenomenon.
- You may not conform to social norms and patterns.
- Now more than ever, the level of detail on every garment has become a requirement, and may soon reach the norm.
- Action will be taken against those who fail to comply with the norm.
- Many teachers themselves believe that 70 hours a week is the norm, and is required of them.
- Upper class or not, women must not assume that just because Caesarians have become the norm, it's normal.
- Testing has long impeded all groups of minority students, and is a strong barrier to the success of minorities in schools where standardized testing is the norm.
- We challenge you to join us in creating healthy work environments by making these standards the norm.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.