Translation of not in Spanish:
- 1 I asked them not to tell anyoneles pedí que no se lo dijeran a nadienot to go would have been rudeno ir hubiera sido una groseríanot to worry (British English)no importaa not inconsiderable sum of money [formal]una suma de dinero bastante considerableoh, no, not you again!¡Dios mío! ¿tú otra vez?that's mine — it is not!eso es mío — ¡no, señor!Example sentences
- You are warned not to touch the banisters in the empty, crumbling flats of Craigmillar.
- Members of the public are warned not to try to coax down the eagle themselves.
- His civil servants have been warned not to ask him to do anything sedentary on July 2.
- 2not that (as conjunction) I'm going to London, not that it's any business of yoursvoy a Londres, no es que a ti te importe, pero …Example sentences
- Not only are we not allowed to cycle any more, we are not allowed to ride the trams either.
- On what grounds Pilger is supposed to be disturbed we are not allowed to know.
- Showmans Guild will not be allowed to change terms and conditions of membership.
- 3 (emphatic) not one of them stopped to helpni uno de ellos se paró a ayudarnot a penny moreni un penique más
- 4 (replacing clause) are you pregnant? — I hope not¿estás embarazada? — espero que noI should think not!¡claro que no!; ¡faltaría más!certainly not!¡de ninguna manera!of course not!¡por supuesto or claro que no!are you going to help me or not?¿me vas a ayudar o no?Example sentences
- Mum Allison is hoping to hear news today on whether or not she can donate bone marrow to Joshua.
- Travel pages disclose if the writer was a guest of the organizers of the tour or not.
- It's been reported that he also looks after a lady, whether he knows her or not.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.