Translation of not in Spanish:
- 1.1 no I asked them not to tell anyone les pedí que no se lo dijeran a nadie not to go would have been rude no ir hubiera sido una grosería not to worry (British English/inglés británico) no importa a not inconsiderable sum of money [formal] una suma de dinero bastante considerable oh, no, not you again! ¡Dios mío! ¿tú otra vez? that's mine — it is not! eso es mío — ¡no, señor!Example sentences1.2not that (as conjunction/como conjunción) I'm going to London, not that it's any business of yours voy a Londres, no es que a ti te importe, pero …
Example sentences1.3 (emphatic) ni not one of them stopped to help ni uno de ellos se paró a ayudar not a penny more ni un penique más 1.4 (replacing clause) are you pregnant? — I hope not ¿estás embarazada? — espero que no I should think not! ¡claro que no!; ¡faltaría más! certainly not! ¡de ninguna manera! of course not! ¡por supuesto or claro que no! are you going to help me or not? ¿me vas a ayudar o no?
- You are warned not to touch the banisters in the empty, crumbling flats of Craigmillar.
- Members of the public are warned not to try to coax down the eagle themselves.
- His civil servants have been warned not to ask him to do anything sedentary on July 2.
- Not only are we not allowed to cycle any more, we are not allowed to ride the trams either.
- On what grounds Pilger is supposed to be disturbed we are not allowed to know.
- Showmans Guild will not be allowed to change terms and conditions of membership.
- Mum Allison is hoping to hear news today on whether or not she can donate bone marrow to Joshua.
- Travel pages disclose if the writer was a guest of the organizers of the tour or not.
- It's been reported that he also looks after a lady, whether he knows her or not.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.