- 1.1 no I asked them not to tell anyone les pedí que no se lo dijeran a nadie not to go would have been rude no ir hubiera sido una grosería not to worry (BrE) no importa a not inconsiderable sum of money [formal] una suma de dinero bastante considerable oh, no, not you again! ¡Dios mío! ¿tú otra vez? that's mine — it is not! eso es mío — ¡no, señor!More example sentences1.2not that (as conj) I'm going to London, not that it's any business of yours voy a Londres, no es que a ti te importe, pero …
More example sentences1.3 (emphatic) ni not one of them stopped to help ni uno de ellos se paró a ayudar not a penny more ni un penique más 1.4 (replacing clause) are you pregnant? — I hope not ¿estás embarazada? — espero que no I should think not! ¡claro que no!; ¡faltaría más! certainly not! ¡de ninguna manera! of course not! ¡por supuesto or claro que no! are you going to help me or not? ¿me vas a ayudar o no?
- You are warned not to touch the banisters in the empty, crumbling flats of Craigmillar.
- Members of the public are warned not to try to coax down the eagle themselves.
- His civil servants have been warned not to ask him to do anything sedentary on July 2.
More example sentences
- Not only are we not allowed to cycle any more, we are not allowed to ride the trams either.
- On what grounds Pilger is supposed to be disturbed we are not allowed to know.
- Showmans Guild will not be allowed to change terms and conditions of membership.
- Mum Allison is hoping to hear news today on whether or not she can donate bone marrow to Joshua.
- Travel pages disclose if the writer was a guest of the organizers of the tour or not.
- It's been reported that he also looks after a lady, whether he knows her or not.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Onda Cero is a radio network broadcasting on AM and FM. It is owned by Telefónica, Spain's most important telecommunications group.