- [author/actor] distinguido; [success] señalado; [improvement/difference] notable, considerable, marcado the area is notable for its lack of racial tension el distrito (se) destaca por la ausencia de tensión racial it is notable that … es de notar que …More example sentences
- It is notable that bargaining power is revealed not only in explicit negotiation but also implicitly.
- A notable exception is the prominent role played by Jewish patrons of the arts.
- He led us on a short guided walk round the ceremony, drawing our attention to notable people on the way.
- personaje (masculine), persona (feminine) importante
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.