Translation of notch in Spanish:
- 1 (in wood, metal) muesca (feminine), corte (masculine); (on belt) agujero (masculine)Example sentences
- Black vine weevil adults chew irregular notches on the edges of hosta leaves.
- The swords are measured to ascertain that they are of equal length, and in no case must a sword with a sharp edge or a notch be allowed.
- The circuit boards comprise a notch in the top edge which receives a corresponding projection.
- On the positive side, I tried on my kilt again after weighing myself, and found that it fit comfortably again, albeit with the buckles at their loosest notches.
- But I guess it's time for me to put another notch in my belt buckle.
- My first indication that I'm going to need to let out my belt a couple of notches comes at the hotel's raclette and fondue evening.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
notch upverb + adverb + object/verbo + adverbio + complemento [colloquial/familiar] [victory/points] apuntarse, conseguir*
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.