Translation of notch in Spanish:
- 1 (in wood, metal) muesca (feminine), corte (masculine); (on belt) agujero (masculine)Example sentences
- Black vine weevil adults chew irregular notches on the edges of hosta leaves.
- The swords are measured to ascertain that they are of equal length, and in no case must a sword with a sharp edge or a notch be allowed.
- The circuit boards comprise a notch in the top edge which receives a corresponding projection.
- On the positive side, I tried on my kilt again after weighing myself, and found that it fit comfortably again, albeit with the buckles at their loosest notches.
- But I guess it's time for me to put another notch in my belt buckle.
- My first indication that I'm going to need to let out my belt a couple of notches comes at the hotel's raclette and fondue evening.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
notch upverb + adverb + object/verbo + adverbio + complemento [colloquial/familiar] [victory/points] apuntarse, conseguir*
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.