Translation of notch in Spanish:
- 1 (in wood, metal)(on belt) agujero (masculine)Example sentences
- Black vine weevil adults chew irregular notches on the edges of hosta leaves.
- The swords are measured to ascertain that they are of equal length, and in no case must a sword with a sharp edge or a notch be allowed.
- The circuit boards comprise a notch in the top edge which receives a corresponding projection.
- On the positive side, I tried on my kilt again after weighing myself, and found that it fit comfortably again, albeit with the buckles at their loosest notches.
- But I guess it's time for me to put another notch in my belt buckle.
- My first indication that I'm going to need to let out my belt a couple of notches comes at the hotel's raclette and fondue evening.
hacer una muesca or un corte en
marcarExample sentences1.2 [literary]
(arrow)1.3→ notch up
- Every serious hiker will want to notch this one up on their walking stick.
- Here I am, just over sixty, and I feel like the Grim Reaper already has me notched on his stick.
- Each flower has six erect round petals that are notched.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.