- 1 c 1.1 (idea) idea (f) she hadn't the slightest notion of how to behave in public no tenía ni la menor idea de cómo comportarse en público I have some notion of mathematics tengo algunas nociones de matemáticas I had a notion that I'd been there before tenía la sensación de que había estado allí antesMore example sentences1.2 (inclination) [colloquial/familiar] to have a notion to +
- The above notions constitute the elementary concepts of category theory.
- We see the world from different perspectives and have different notions of what constitutes fairness.
- Reductionism and the criterial theory lean heavily on the notion of analytic or conceptual truth.
inftener* ganas de+ infI've a notion to tell him just what I think tengo ganas de decirle exactamente lo que piensoMore example sentences
- Eagleton says that opinion, appetite or inclinations are notions of individual desire that become a person's subjectivity.
- And this desire transcends all notions of fear for one's own safety.
- But ‘the social gap in notions of fun may have more to do with age than gender.’
- 2 c (concept) concepto (m)
- 3(notions pl)3.1 (in sewing) artículos (mpl) de mercería 3.2 (AmE) household/gift/office notions artículos (mpl) para el hogar/de regalo/de oficinaMore example sentences
- Store small notions, such as buttons, pins and snaps, in empty film containers, pill bottles or baby food jars.
- Crafters will often use a backpack to transport fabric and other sewing notions to a guild meeting, leaving both hands free to carry the sewing machine.
- Also be sure to get such notions as thread, zippers, buttons, and interfacing.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Santería is a religious cult, fusing African beliefs and Catholicism, which developed among African Yoruba slaves in Cuba. Followers believe both in a single supreme being and also in orishas, deities who each share an identity with a Christian saint and who combine a force of nature with human characteristics. Rituals involve music, dancing, sacrificial offerings, divination, and going into trances.