Translation of notion in Spanish:
- 1 countable/numerable 1.1 (idea) idea (feminine) she hadn't the slightest notion of how to behave in public no tenía ni la menor idea de cómo comportarse en público I have some notion of mathematics tengo algunas nociones de matemáticas I had a notion that I'd been there before tenía la sensación de que había estado allí antesExample sentences1.2 (inclination) [colloquial/familiar] to have a notion to +
- The above notions constitute the elementary concepts of category theory.
- We see the world from different perspectives and have different notions of what constitutes fairness.
- Reductionism and the criterial theory lean heavily on the notion of analytic or conceptual truth.
infinitive/infinitivotener* ganas de+ infinitive/infinitivoI've a notion to tell him just what I think tengo ganas de decirle exactamente lo que piensoExample sentences
- Eagleton says that opinion, appetite or inclinations are notions of individual desire that become a person's subjectivity.
- And this desire transcends all notions of fear for one's own safety.
- But ‘the social gap in notions of fun may have more to do with age than gender.’
- 2 countable/numerable (concept) concepto (masculine)
- 3(notions plural)3.1 (in sewing) artículos (masculine plural) de mercería 3.2 (American English/inglés norteamericano) household/gift/office notions artículos (masculine plural) para el hogar/de regalo/de oficinaExample sentences
- Store small notions, such as buttons, pins and snaps, in empty film containers, pill bottles or baby food jars.
- Crafters will often use a backpack to transport fabric and other sewing notions to a guild meeting, leaving both hands free to carry the sewing machine.
- Also be sure to get such notions as thread, zippers, buttons, and interfacing.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.