Translation of notion in Spanish:
- 1 countable 1.1 (idea) she hadn't the slightest notion of how to behave in publicno tenía ni la menor idea de cómo comportarse en públicoI have some notion of mathematicstengo algunas nociones de matemáticasI had a notion that I'd been there beforetenía la sensación de que había estado allí antesExample sentences1.2 (inclination) [colloquial]to have a notion to +
- The above notions constitute the elementary concepts of category theory.
- We see the world from different perspectives and have different notions of what constitutes fairness.
- Reductionism and the criterial theory lean heavily on the notion of analytic or conceptual truth.
infinitivetener ganasI've a notion to tell him just what I think de+ infinitivetengo ganas de decirle exactamente lo que piensoExample sentences
- Eagleton says that opinion, appetite or inclinations are notions of individual desire that become a person's subjectivity.
- And this desire transcends all notions of fear for one's own safety.
- But ‘the social gap in notions of fun may have more to do with age than gender.’
- 3also: notions plural3.1 (in sewing)artículos (masculine plural) de mercería3.2 (American English) household/gift/office notionsartículos (masculine plural) para el hogar/de regalo/de oficinaExample sentences
- Store small notions, such as buttons, pins and snaps, in empty film containers, pill bottles or baby food jars.
- Crafters will often use a backpack to transport fabric and other sewing notions to a guild meeting, leaving both hands free to carry the sewing machine.
- Also be sure to get such notions as thread, zippers, buttons, and interfacing.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.