noun(especially British English)
- 1.1 (zero) I got nought out of ten for spellingsaqué un cero en ortografíaExample sentences1.2→ naught1 1
- When the money came through, I went to the cash machine, pressed that little button and saw all the noughts come up at the end.
- Smailes added: ‘It will add two or three noughts to the value of a painting.’
- In pre-euro days, Italians had little confidence in the lira - and no wonder, with all those absurd noughts that required a focusing of the eyes on the dinner bill.
- (especially British English) → naught9
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.