Translation of nouveau riche in Spanish:
- [derogatory]nueva rica (masculine, feminine) [derogatory]Example sentences
- True enough, the fairytale ending which would have seen the paupers overcome the might of the nouveau riche was lacking.
- The Mexican aristocracy and the nouveau riche have bought up most of the sites along the waterfront, where they have created palatial architect-designed homes.
- But the rich have multiplied; the nouveau riche have become more ostentatious and their spending habits seem to be contagious.
- [derogatory]de nuevo rico [derogatory]Example sentences
- Then they become rather horrid adults - wooden actors, narcissistic, nouveau-riche characters - who are torn apart by circumstance but still find time to have an affair and ruin other people's lives.
- This was also true in 1937, parenthetically, when researcher Lundberg's discourse paid hardly any attention to the nouveau-riche aviation, radio, motion picture and electric gadget fortunes of the Roaring Twenties.
- The world-weary contempt of the old, failed imperialists for the nouveau-riche idealists drips through every page of the book, and passed into the British - and French - bloodstreams.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.