Translation of novice in Spanish:
- 1.1 (beginner)principiante (masculine and feminine)I'm a novice at tennis/painting
novato, (-ta) (masculine, feminine)en tenis/pintura soy un principiante or un novatoExample sentences1.2 (Religion)
novicio, (-cia) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- The system used is not particularly user friendly for novices or inexperienced staff: this could be improved with more modern software facilities.
- While the LSO no longer directs the pilot down, he is constantly giving advice if required and can be a calming voice for the inexperienced novice.
- This annual sporting event takes place on Sunday, May 1 when keen runners and complete novices get together for a five-mile race, a one-mile adult run and a one-mile children's event.
- A friend who is a novice in an Episcopal religious order recently told me that she has no taste now for books of contemporary spirituality.
- He joined the monastic order as a novice, and studied the Hua-yen ching with Chih-yen.
- Galileo had a mixed education, starting at a monastery school in Vallombrosa where he entered the order as a novice, against the wishes of his father.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.