Translation of novice in Spanish:
- 1.1 (beginner) principiante (masculine and feminine), novato, (masculine, feminine) I'm a novice at tennis/painting en tenis/pintura soy un principiante or un novato (before noun/delante del nombre) [skier/programmer] principiante, novatoExample sentences1.2 [Religion/Religión] novicio, (masculine, feminine)
- The system used is not particularly user friendly for novices or inexperienced staff: this could be improved with more modern software facilities.
- While the LSO no longer directs the pilot down, he is constantly giving advice if required and can be a calming voice for the inexperienced novice.
- This annual sporting event takes place on Sunday, May 1 when keen runners and complete novices get together for a five-mile race, a one-mile adult run and a one-mile children's event.
- A friend who is a novice in an Episcopal religious order recently told me that she has no taste now for books of contemporary spirituality.
- He joined the monastic order as a novice, and studied the Hua-yen ching with Chih-yen.
- Galileo had a mixed education, starting at a monastery school in Vallombrosa where he entered the order as a novice, against the wishes of his father.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.