Translation of nth in Spanish:
adjective before noun
- 1 (Mathematics)Example sentences
- In 1865 Fuchs studied nth order linear ordinary differential equations with complex functions as coefficients.
- Euler starts with an nth degree polynomial p with the following properties.
- Although not the first to do so, al-Kashi gave an algorithm for calculating nth roots which is a special case of the methods given many centuries later by Ruffini and Horner.
- 2 [colloquial]unreliable to the nth degreeinformal hasta decir basta [colloquial]you're the nth person to ask me that (British)eres la enésima persona que me pregunta esoExample sentences
- Now, Irishness seems to include fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth, ninth, nth generations of so-called ‘Irish people’ - and it is these ‘lost Irish’ who are being targeted to tick the box in the census.
- But we are once again dealing with nth generation reproduction, without any remastering or reconfiguration.
- While I'm not keen on the notion that we're all dependent on something in these addiction-obsessed times, I know that my fondness for adrenaline-surfing exceeds healthy limits and that (for the nth time) I need to Do Something About It.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.