Translation of nudge in Spanish:
- 1.1 (touch gently) I nudged him as she entered the roomlo codeé (ligeramente) cuando ella entró1.2 (move, guide)empujar suavementeto nudge somebody
toward/ intosomethingempujar a alguien hacia/ aalgoExample sentences
Example sentences1.3 (approach) unemployment is nudging 50% in some areas
- The Chinese Central Bank nudged its currency higher against the dollar last week by 2 percent.
- I find a large spoon helps here, and then you can gently nudge the latke off the spoon into the oil.
- So I nudged the carton a little bit to push it away from the door and then I heard something splat.
el desempleo está rondando el 50% en algunas zonasExample sentences
- I think physicians are being nudged back in that direction, and I am very encouraged by that.
- Laurie took a deep breath and then nudged her horse into a canter.
- "This one'll do, " Avery whispered, nudging the horse forward.
- Those with long memories may recall that the share price was nudging the 100p level some 15 years ago.
- That level of indebtedness is nudging towards 65 percent of our gross domestic product.
- Further violence threatens to push the oil price - which is nudging towards record levels owing to unrest in the Middle East - even higher.
- golpe (masculine) (suave) con el codoto give somebody/something a nudgedarle un golpe (suave) con el codo a alguien/algothey still haven't paid: it's time to give them a little nudgetodavía no han pagado, hay que refrescarles la memorianudge nudge (, wink wink) (British English) [colloquial] [humorous]tú ya sabesExample sentences
- Maybe the nudge wasn't as light as it was described.
- She then received a light nudge on her arm and she faced Jill again, ‘So do you go to the same school as Theodore?’
- When her foot collided with something hard, she gave it a light nudge, and then quickly flicked her eyes up to Josh to see if he'd noticed anything.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.