- 1.1 (touch gently) codear (ligeramente) I nudged him as she entered the room lo codeé (ligeramente) cuando ella entró 1.2 (move, guide) empujar suavemente to nudge sb
toward/ intosth empujar a algn hacia/ aalgoMore example sentences
More example sentences1.3 (approach) rondar unemployment is nudging 50% in some areas el desempleo está rondando el 50% en algunas zonas
- The Chinese Central Bank nudged its currency higher against the dollar last week by 2 percent.
- I find a large spoon helps here, and then you can gently nudge the latke off the spoon into the oil.
- So I nudged the carton a little bit to push it away from the door and then I heard something splat.
More example sentences
- I think physicians are being nudged back in that direction, and I am very encouraged by that.
- Laurie took a deep breath and then nudged her horse into a canter.
- "This one'll do, " Avery whispered, nudging the horse forward.
- Those with long memories may recall that the share price was nudging the 100p level some 15 years ago.
- That level of indebtedness is nudging towards 65 percent of our gross domestic product.
- Further violence threatens to push the oil price - which is nudging towards record levels owing to unrest in the Middle East - even higher.
Churro is a typical Spanish food, consisting of a long thin cylinder of dough, deep-fried in olive oil and often dusted with sugar. Churros are usually eaten with a thick hot drinking chocolate, especially for breakfast.
- golpe (m) (suave) con el codo to give sb/sth a nudge darle* un golpe (suave) con el codo a algn/algo they still haven't paid: it's time to give them a little nudge todavía no han pagado, hay que refrescarles la memoria nudge nudge (, wink wink) (BrE) [colloq & hum] tú ya sabesMore example sentences
- Maybe the nudge wasn't as light as it was described.
- She then received a light nudge on her arm and she faced Jill again, ‘So do you go to the same school as Theodore?’
- When her foot collided with something hard, she gave it a light nudge, and then quickly flicked her eyes up to Josh to see if he'd noticed anything.