Translation of nuisance in Spanish:
- 1 (occurrence, thing) to be a nuisanceser un fastidio or [colloquial] una lata or una pesadezser un incordio (Spain)what a nuisance¡qué fastidio!¡qué lata! [colloquial](before noun) the strikes had considerable nuisance valuelas huelgas fueron un gran irritante
- 2 (person)incordio (masculine) (Spain) [colloquial]stop being a nuisance!déjate de molestardéjate de dar la lata [colloquial]he's always making a nuisance of himselfsiempre está dando la lata [colloquial]Example sentences
- If the newcomers wanted to make a go of it here and did not make a nuisance of themselves, they could be Australians.
- They don't want to go along to annual general meetings and make a nuisance of themselves.
- In return, they don't secede or otherwise make a nuisance of themselves.
- 3 (Law)a public nuisanceuna alteración del orden públicoExample sentences
- The courts tend to approach the question of the existence of a nuisance, whether public or private, as a question of fact.
- What constitutes a statutory nuisance is carefully defined in section 79 and so too are numerous exceptions.
- Picketing accompanied by violence, or even merely noise, may be a private nuisance.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.