n (pl -ries)
- 1.1 (in house) cuarto (m) or habitación (f) de los niñosMore example sentences1.2 (at workplace) guardería (f)
More example sentences1.3 [Agr] [Hort] vivero (m)
- It had a living room, a dining room, a nursery, three bedrooms, three bathrooms and a huge kitchen fitted out like the galley of an old Cunarder.
- There are two bedrooms on the ground floor and two upstairs but there is also an unusual room which could be changed into a nursery if an extra room was needed.
- Stained glass panels carrying colourful images of cartoon characters are placed in nurseries and rooms assigned to children.
More example sentences1.4 (breeding ground) semillero (m) a nursery for young talent un semillero de jóvenes talentos
- As a result of inadequate funding, more than 80 percent of the teachers and attendants in nurseries and kindergartens have received no training for the positions they fill.
- Changes in higher education are only part of changes throughout an educational system and cannot be seen separately from strategies for nurseries, primary schools or vocational training.
- There is a range of private and public nurseries, kindergartens, and play schools.
- The nursery has expanded to include a tree nursery where saplings are grown on to maturity for sale.
- It's resistant to humidity diseases, and is readily available at the specialist fruit tree nurseries.
- These gardeners may make note of those plants they'd like to add to their personal landscapes and seek them out at nurseries or special plant sales.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Catalán is the language of Catalonia. Like Castilian, Catalan is a Romance language. Variants of it include mallorquín of the Balearic Islands and valenciano spoken in the autonomous region of Valencia.