Translation of nursery in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -ries)
- 1.1 (in house) cuarto (masculine) or habitación (feminine) de los niñosExample sentences1.2 (at workplace) guardería (feminine)
Example sentences1.3 (for plants) vivero (masculine)
- It had a living room, a dining room, a nursery, three bedrooms, three bathrooms and a huge kitchen fitted out like the galley of an old Cunarder.
- There are two bedrooms on the ground floor and two upstairs but there is also an unusual room which could be changed into a nursery if an extra room was needed.
- Stained glass panels carrying colourful images of cartoon characters are placed in nurseries and rooms assigned to children.
Example sentences1.4 (breeding ground) semillero (masculine) a nursery for young talent un semillero de jóvenes talentos
- As a result of inadequate funding, more than 80 percent of the teachers and attendants in nurseries and kindergartens have received no training for the positions they fill.
- Changes in higher education are only part of changes throughout an educational system and cannot be seen separately from strategies for nurseries, primary schools or vocational training.
- There is a range of private and public nurseries, kindergartens, and play schools.
- The nursery has expanded to include a tree nursery where saplings are grown on to maturity for sale.
- It's resistant to humidity diseases, and is readily available at the specialist fruit tree nurseries.
- These gardeners may make note of those plants they'd like to add to their personal landscapes and seek them out at nurseries or special plant sales.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.