Translation of oasis in Spanish:
noun plural oasesPronunciation: /əʊˈeɪsiːz/
- an oasis of peaceun oasis de pazExample sentences
- As deserts have oases, oceans have islands, and naturalists have found over 60 species of fish which were never documented before 1973.
- Much of Uzbekistan's landscape consists of deserts, dry steppes, and fertile oases near rivers.
- The northern part of the country is desert, spotted with oases, where most of the population is concentrated.
- A short walk out of the centre brings you to the cool stone walls of the cloistered courtyard, a welcome oasis of calm away from the busy city streets.
- The theme parks are ordered oases of calm serving up safe family entertainment.
- The farm is a three-acre oasis in an area of suburban development.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.