Translation of obeisance in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (homage) [formal] to make or pay obeisance to somebody/somethingrendir or tributar homenaje a alguien/algoExample sentences
- Temple bells chimed as men in flowing kurtas and multicoloured turbans and bejewelled women in vivid pinks and purples paid obeisance to their guru, Baba Gulabgir.
- The more timid paid obeisance to the policies of the founders, but they also snippily noted that ‘their views were necessarily limited.’
- Infact Shiva's devotee, Sudheet approached Uma to pay his respectful obeisance.
- 2 countable and uncountable (bow) [archaic]Example sentences
- The slaves collapsed into reverential obeisances as the angelic flight passed overhead.
- Many stories have come down to us of her cruelty: for example, that she had two serfs sent to Siberia for having failed to make their obeisances to her as she passed - because they did not see her.
- I offer repeated obeisances unto Lord Krishna, who is the protector and well-wisher of the cows and the brahmanas.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.