Translation of obey in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [person/instructions] obedecer*; [instincts] seguir* just obey your conscience haz lo que te dicte la concienciaExample sentences
- He knew that his people would always obey him, but no one ever visited him just to talk.
- He was meant for royalty and people always obeyed him.
- Jace always obeyed his mother, and respected her to the utmost.
- Though sympathetic toward General Tang, Li said he still felt compelled to criticize General Tang for not obeying the moral principles of the military to never reprove superior officers.
- Both generators obey the first ground rule of satire: meticulous observation.
- The world looked on, deaf to pleas to intervene, and even when the president last week removed freedom of the press, the Commonwealth only uttered pious warnings about obeying democratic principles.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.