Translation of objection in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable/numerable (argument against) objeción (feminine) that's a valid objection es una objeción válida to make/raise/voice an objection hacer*/poner*/expresar una objeción I've no objection: we can go wherever you like no tengo inconveniente, podemos ir a donde quieras I'm going out: any objections? voy a salir ¿alguna objeción or algún inconveniente? objection
thatobjeción de quehe raised the objection that the company was short of funds puso la objeción de que la compañía estaba escasa de fondos objection tosth objeción aalgo is there any objection to my being present? ¿existe alguna objeción a que or algún inconveniente en que yo asista?Example sentences1.2 countable/numerable [Law/Derecho] objection! ¡protesto! objection overruled no ha lugar a la protesta objection sustained o upheld ha lugar a la protesta
Example sentences1.3 uncountable/no numerable (disapproval, dislike) the plan met with the objection of the clergy el plan se encontró con la oposición del clero I have no objection to her no tengo nada en contra de ella I have no objection to his coming too no tengo ningún inconveniente or ningún reparo en que venga él también
- They said that the President either had already signed it or was about to when objections were raised in Congress.
- Traffic is a common theme of the concerns expressed in the objections to the quarry.
- It will allow residents to seek a review of licences at any time and raise objections when they are applied for.
- The application is open to objection and is likely that the whole process will take many months.
- This position, even if internally consistent, would seem to be open to grave objection.
- All of the explanations are open to serious objection: it may well be that none of them is correct.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.