Translation of obligate in Spanish:
- 1 (oblige) (especially American English) [formal]to obligate somebody to +
infinitivethe agreement obligates us to do itobligar a alguien a+ infinitiveto be/feel obligated (to +el acuerdo nos obliga a hacerlo infinitive)he felt obligated to look after his parentsestar/sentirse obligado ( a+ infinitive)don't feel obligatedse sentía obligado a cuidar de sus padresto be/feel obligated to somebodyno te sientas obligadoestar/quedar en deuda con alguien
- 2(Finance) (American English)ofrecer como garantíaExample sentences
- This means that funds have to be obligated against contractual agreements within a limited amount of time.
- As agents of investors, managers are obligated to maximize the interests of the owners or principals.
- Sellers are obligated to disclose significant property defects of which they are aware.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to