- 1 (oblige) (esp AmE) [formal]to obligate sb to +
infobligar* a algn a+ infthe agreement obligates us to do it el acuerdo nos obliga a hacerlo to be/feel obligated (to + inf) estar*/sentirse* obligado ( a+ inf) he felt obligated to look after his parents se sentía obligado a cuidar de sus padres don't feel obligated no te sientas obligado to be/feel obligated to sb estar*/quedar en deuda con algn
- 2 [Fin] (AmE) ofrecer* como garantíaMore example sentences
- This means that funds have to be obligated against contractual agreements within a limited amount of time.
- As agents of investors, managers are obligated to maximize the interests of the owners or principals.
- Sellers are obligated to disclose significant property defects of which they are aware.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Catalán is the language of Catalonia. Like Castilian, Catalan is a Romance language. Variants of it include mallorquín of the Balearic Islands and valenciano spoken in the autonomous region of Valencia.