Translation of obligation in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable or uncountable (duty, requirement) moral/legal obligationobligación moral/legalfamily/professional obligations prevented me from attendingcompromisos (masculine plural) familiares/profesionales me impidieron asistirI feel/have an obligation to my parentsme siento obligado/tengo una obligación para con mis padresobligation to +
infinitiveobligaciónwe have an obligation to help them de+ infinitivetenemos la obligación de ayudarlosthere's no obligation to buyno hay obligación de comprarto be under an obligation (to + infinitive)it has placed me under an obligation to help herme ha puesto en el compromiso de tener que ayudarlaI understand that I am under no obligation and may return it at any timeentiendo que no contraigo ninguna obligación y puedo devolverlo en cualquier momentoExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 countable (financial commitment) (Business) the firm was unable to meet its obligations
- He then requires man to work hard, fulfill his duties and meet his obligations.
- The activities of political participation and public deliberation, on this view, should not be seen as a burdensome obligation or duty, but rather as intrinsically rewarding.
- But Miss Mountfield told the judges that the Returning Officer's duty extended beyond an obligation to ‘deliver to the deliverer’.
la compañía no pudo hacer frente a sus compromisos
- In the absence of any promise, agreement or obligation to make the payment when he acquired, took possession of or used the money, he had given no consideration within the meaning of the Act.
- Thus, if the proper law of the payment obligation is country Y, its moratorium will be given effect.
- The adjudicator's decision, although not finally determinative, may give rise to an immediate payment obligation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.