- 1 (require, compel) to oblige sb to +
infobligar* a algn a+ infthe delay obliged us to cancel the order el retraso nos obligó a cancelar el pedidoto be obliged to + infyou're not obliged to attend no estás obligado a asistir, no tienes obligación de asistir I was obliged to leave early me vi obligado a irme temprano I felt obliged to stay a bit longer me sentí obligado a quedarme un ratito másMore example sentences
- This September, I am legally obliged to renew my driver's licence.
- His hands were completely tied on this one, and those who now criticise him for doing what he was legally obliged to do are being unfair in the extreme to him.
- ‘I was brought up thinking work is something you are morally obliged to do,’ as one older man put it.
- 2 (do favor for) he was always ready to oblige a friend estaba siempre dispuesto a hacerle un favor a un amigo you would oblige me by leaving me alone me haría un favor si me dejara en paz she obliged the guests with a song complació a los invitados cantando una canción much obliged! muchas gracias, le agradezco mucho I'd be much obliged if you could help me le quedaría muy agradecido si pudiera ayudarme we are greatly obliged to you for your help le estamos muy agradecidos por su ayuda
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Onda Cero is a radio network broadcasting on AM and FM. It is owned by Telefónica, Spain's most important telecommunications group.